The World Health Organization’s top official said Monday that he hopes the agency’s partnership with the United States can continue, even after President Donald Trump announced that the U.S. will cut ties with the international aid group, according to the CNBC.

“The world has long benefited from the strong collaborative engagement with the government and the people of the United States,” WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a press conference at the agency’s Geneva headquarters. “The U.S. government and its people’s contribution and generosity over many decades have been immense.”

“It is WHO’s wish for this collaborations to continue,” he added.

On Friday, Trump said the WHO “failed to make the requested greatly needed reform” and that the U.S. “will be today terminating our relationship.”

Last month, Trump threatened to permanently cut off U.S. funding of the WHO. In a letter, he said that if the WHO “does not commit to major substantive improvements within the next 30 days, I will make my temporary freeze of United States funding to the World Health Organization permanent and reconsider our membership in the organization.”