Tehran has agreed to return to the negotiating table in Vienna after months of stalled talks with world powers on its nuclear program. The decision was announced by Iran’s deputy foreign minister, but no date was set.

“We agree to start negotiations before the end of November,” Ali Bagheri Khani, Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister and the nation’s chief negotiator in Vienna, said in a Twitter post on Wednesday, adding that the exact date would be announced next week.

He made the statement after meeting the EU’s political director, Enrique Mora, the chief coordinator of the negotiations. Bagheri also praised the meeting as a “very serious and constructive dialogue” on “essential” elements for what he called successful talks.

Also on rt.com Iran has not ‘boycotted’ return to nuclear negotiations, West must first fulfil its obligations – Tehran spokesman

Mora talked to his Iranian counterparts in Tehran in mid-October, and this week the Iranian delegation met with the EU mediators in Brussels. Iran’s Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said that Tehran would “evaluate” the results of the Brussels talks before setting a date for the Vienna discussions to resume.

Talks on reviving the 2015 deal on the Iranian nuclear program, also known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), stalled in June amid Iran’s presidential elections and the formation of a new government. Since then, the western governments party to the talks have repeatedly accused Tehran of being reluctant to return to the table – something Iran has denied. (RT)