The Azerbaijani Army launched a counter-offensive operation, later called the “Iron Fist”, on September 27, 2020, in response to the large-scale provocation of the Armenian armed forces along the frontline.
The erupted 44-day Patriotic War ended with the liberation of Azerbaijan’s territories from nearly 30-year Armenian occupation.
News.Az presents the chronicle of the 20th day of the Second Karabakh War:
– President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by A Haber TV channel.
– “Azerbaijan’s glorious Army has liberated Khirmanjig, Agbulag and Akhullu villages of Khojavend district. Long live Azerbaijan’s Army! Karabakh is Azerbaijan!” President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev made a post on his official Twitter account.
– The artillery battery belonging to the Armenian armed forces was destroyed, and the deputy commander of the forces regiment was injured. A list of the equipment of the Armenian Armed Forces destroyed at night was disclosed.
– The Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office reported that 47 civilians were killed and 222 injured as a result of shelling of Azerbaijani settlements by the Armenian armed forces.
– The Azerbaijani Defense Ministry shared footage from villages of the Khojavend district of Azerbaijan, which were liberated from the Armenian occupation.
– The Armenian armed forces, grossly violating the humanitarian ceasefire, continued shelling the territories of Goranboy, Tartar, Aghdam, Aghjabadi and Fuzuli districts of Azerbaijan.
– The Armenian armed forces launched a missile strike on the territory of the Ordubad district of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic of Azerbaijan.
– The Armenian side bombarded a cemetery in Ahmadaghalilar village, Aghdam district.
– The Azerbaijani Defense Ministry shared new footage from the liberated Hadrut settlement.
– The state flag of Azerbaijan was raised above the border outposts liberated from Armenian occupation.
Whatsapp xəttimiz - 070 224 40 25